The best sling

Alex Wheeler

Reaction score
I have been telling customers about these for years. It will change how your rifle carries. It's rubber so it won't slide and it has give to it. You can sling it sideways across your chest or split it and wear it like a back pack so you can crawl or climb. It makes a 15 pound rifle carry like nothing. Just buy one. Trust me.

Diverjeff

Reaction score
I bought that same sling after seeing you recommend it around a year or so ago,rifle stays in place no matter how you move around. (y)

willfrye027

Reaction score
I bought one based on your recommendation a year ago. It’s a great sling. One thing I also love about it is the ability to easily wrap it around the left forearm/elbow to make an off hand shot more steady. Helps immensely when shooting a heavier rifle off hand. As much as I plan for long range shots, I still kill quite a few animals at close range off hand.

Diverjeff

Reaction score
I bought that same sling after seeing you recommend it around a year or so ago,rifle stays in place no matter how you move around. (y)
Glad you did Alex,best sling I've ever had bar none.
To everyone reading Alex's post,get yourself one of these slings,I swear you could do a cartwheel with one of these on your shootin' iron and it wouldn't budge.(y)

Jud96

Reaction score
I’m sold! I’m going to order one or two of them for my hunting rifles. I’m curious how they’d do for 3 position small bore plinking haha. Looks pretty versatile and like it gets pretty tight and steady.

Alex Wheeler

Reaction score
They are great for carrying. But if your slinging up in position, you really need leather. Rubber will stretch, you wont be able to get it tight. No problem for hunting. But for high power or other sling fired competition, this is not what Id recommend.

Surly

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster...Thanks for sharing Alex, I just bought one.

Diverjeff

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster...Thanks for sharing Alex, I just bought one.
Like Alex said,for tromping around up and down mountains in a hunting situation(or just carrying in general)I don't think it can be beat. (y)

FEENIX

Reaction score
I Have the rifle and bow slings.

P.S.

Heck, I just placed another magnum sling. @Alex Wheeler, thanks for the reminder; it makes an excellent Christmas gift to a hunting buddy.

Ed

Last edited:

muleystalker

Reaction score
Alex is right on, I purchased one 2 years ago and won't use anything else now. Its a great company to deal with, the owner was very helpful and assured me if I wasn't happy to call him and he would refund my money. I bought the one with the quick release and liked it so much when I got home from my hunt I ordered one with standard sling swivels also for duck hunting and other rifles with those studs. The other great attribute they have especially with heavier rifles is not only are the comfortable but the really absorb the shock of the rifle bouncing on your shoulder while walking and they don't dug into your shoulder.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
Alex is right on, I purchased one 2 years ago and won't use anything else now. Its a great company to deal with, the owner was very helpful and assured me if I wasn't happy to call him and he would refund my money. I bought the one with the quick release and liked it so much when I got home from my hunt I ordered one with standard sling swivels also for duck hunting and other rifles with those studs. The other great attribute they have especially with heavier rifles is not only are the comfortable but the really absorb the shock of the rifle bouncing on your shoulder while walking and they don't dug into your shoulder.
Well you and the others just sold me. Lol! I duck/goose hunt a lot as well. The sling for that setup is hard to find the right combo. I'm gonna give these slings a shot.

Diverjeff

Reaction score
I can't say Dew as I've never tried it with a pack on,but if you sling it like you normally would it should work better,no more thumb hooking,etc. as this sling grips onto you.

OSOK - Crash

Reaction score
The additional length (long magnum) helps to go over your pack, depending on whether it is enough to cover the bulk of your pack. It works for me with my light day pack.
I am not a very big guy. 5'8” little under 190lbs. Would the long magnum be too long? I don't wear the larger sizes this sling is referencing it's made for.

Alex Wheeler

Reaction score
And FYI, I do not even know this guy. I do not get any kick backs from any company out there. None. JGS told me they sell as many of my PRC reamers as saami, my BRA reamer has sold a ton, Bullet central sells my 300 NMI sizing dies, ext. I do not get a penny from anyone, just labor gunsmithing. So understand that when I recommend something, its because I like it. In this youtube world of paid advertising, I want that clear.

dthomas

Reaction score
I bought one because of the recomendations on here. It just came in, looks like it will work for me. I have been trying to find a sling that i really like the last few years and all of the ones i've tried so for have fallen short in one way or another. Just one question how long does it take for the smell to go away?

Surly

Reaction score
Just got mine as well. Definitely not used to the rifle being tight against my body. Looks like it’s going to be a winner.

jschnoor

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing, I have a hard time finding a sling that fits. I’ve bought a few slings that I thought would work only to find out they did not work with my wide shoulders. I will be buying one of these slings.

Last edited:

Gord0

Reaction score
My concern is I'm not a real big guy. 5'9" 170lbs. Normally a medium in shirts. Their sizing says for people that usually wear xl shirts. Wondering if the ultraflex would be more my size?

LRshooterofNH

Reaction score
Question for some of you guys, I noticed his regular sling says it only supports rifles under 9lbs. The magnum is over 9 lbs, but it's for bigger guys. I wear a medium to a larger t shirt. Does anyone know if I can still use that sling? I've got some rifles that are 12ish lbs that I still like to hunt with

LRshooterofNH

Reaction score
My concern is I'm not a real big guy. 5'9" 170lbs. Normally a medium in shirts. Their sizing says for people that usually wear xl shirts. Wondering if the ultraflex would be more my size?
I have this question too. I've reached out to them but haven't gotten a response yet

Masterdunbar

Reaction score
Just ordered one lastnight and some flush cups going to try one on the side of the stock to the left of the bipod rail.

LRshooterofNH

Reaction score
The magnum is wider and longer. I have both. Im 6' 1" 220lb and both work fine. I use the smaller one for light rifles and the bigger one for heavies. The wider one just distributes the load better because its wider.
I'm still waiting for a response from them but my I ordered the magnum. I'm 5'9" and 190 lbs so hopefully it works

windypants

Reaction score
I have been telling customers about these for years. It will change how your rifle carries. It's rubber so it won't slide and it has give to it. You can sling it sideways across your chest or split it and wear it like a back pack so you can crawl or climb. It makes a 15 pound rifle carry like nothing. Just buy one. Trust me.

Just wanted to thank you for the tip. This thing works! I put in quite a few miles packing my 14# rifle around the hills coyote hunting and this sling makes it easy.

Goosedog02

Reaction score
Good morning,

I've reach out to sloganoutdoors a couple of times, with no response. Does anyone have a good contact for them? I'm wanting to buy a couple of these slings.

Thanks,
JC

Forum Sponsors