Rechamber 30 nosler to 300 win mag

Arawls88

Reaction score
CA ridgeline in 30 nosler, what would it take to rebarrel to a 300 win mag? Is it as simple as a rebarrel? Thanks!

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
Yes, a rebarrel or if the barrel shoots well just have it set back and rechambered and threaded. I would think a reset of 1" would do it.

But if that barrel has over 300 or 400 rounds I would replace it as most 30 and 28 Noslers barrel are dead by 700 to 800 rounds.

I did the same thing, bolt face, mag box and everything else was fine. Just a barrel was needed. Hard to beat a good ole 300 win mag and the barrel life is way way better

Arawls88

Reaction score
Yes, a rebarrel or if the barrel shoots well just have it set back and rechambered and threaded. I would think a reset of 1" would do it.

But if that barrel has over 300 or 400 rounds I would replace it as most 30 and 28 Noslers barrel are dead by 700 to 800 rounds.

I did the same thing, bolt face, mag box and everything else was fine. Just a barrel was needed. Hard to beat a good ole 300 win mag and the barrel life is way way better
I got this rifle on a trade, so I’m not exactly sure of round count. I’d rather just rebarrel so I can start fresh. You have any recommendations for a CF barrel and a good smith to do the work? Proof, Bartlien maybe carbonsix? Thanks

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
I will never use another Proof Barrel in 30 cal again. We are testing Bartleins now but to soon to report. I would use a 6 groove CarbonSix in 9 twist. There are several great rifle builders that support this site. You will find their logo and info under the sponsor tab. Just click the chosen logo. I am proud to say I would use any one of them with full confidence.

Mike D Texas

Reaction score
I will never use another Proof Barrel in 30 cal again. We are testing Bartleins now but to soon to report. I would use a 6 groove CarbonSix in 9 twist. There are several great rifle builders that support this site. You will find their logo and info under the sponsor tab. Just click the chosen logo. I am proud to say I would use any one of them with full confidence.

Broz, speaking of C6, you mention 6 groove above; is that their standard rifling or do they also do 5R?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SoTxShooter

Reaction score
CarbonSix has a pretty smoking deal through their website right now too! Maybe still a leftover black Friday deal they were running? I just put together a 26" 1:9 twist magnum contour blank for $580. Hell of a deal on a carbon barrel if you're interesting in trying them out. I don't NEED one...but damn...

Forum Sponsors