Looking gunsmith with 6.5 PRC AW-2 reamer

Mossback

Reaction score
While back I purchased a 6.5 prc Shillen prefit for savage 116. After head spacing I sighted it in with some norma 143 golden target. Maybe fired 12 rounds with the Norma I got on paper grouped great less than 3/4 MOA. Ran out of the Norma tried Hornady 143 Precision Hunter did not chamber well marks on bullets hard bolt lift after firing figured it was short throated. Went home used my stoney pt gauge and yep 143eldx was way short of what a SAMMI chamber should be. I should of just sent it back at that point to shilen. Instead, I throated myself with UNI- THROATER and went to far. And still not right. Hoping to find someone to set back chamber a thread or two. Does anyone know of someone that would take this on for me?

Matt Graham

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
Chamber and re-thread would cost quite a bit and maybe a little more if the have to try to match existing threads and such. Would it be that much more to replace the barrel with a pre fit?

Mossback

Reaction score
Chamber and re-thread would cost quite a bit and maybe a little more if the have to try to match existing threads and such. Would it be that much more to replace the barrel with a pre fit?
You are probably right Broz! 400 already spent for the pre fit might be even more for the fix just thought i would throw it out there.

Forum Sponsors