Charlie Tarac

dyecocker1

Reaction score
Can someone clarify whether the macro charlie is adjustable or not? I see it stated multiple times on the website that it is. But then I need to pick an elevation? What is the deal?
I would like to buy one of these to primarily use on a 22LR, but I also have a host of other calibers that can use it. Obviously, if I have a 150-200 moa preset that is not going to work on most center-fire cartridges.

Broz

LRO Owner~Editor~Long Range Hunting Specilist
Reaction score
Foot of the Big Belt Mountains near Townsend MT.
Can someone clarify whether the macro charlie is adjustable or not? I see it stated multiple times on the website that it is. But then I need to pick an elevation? What is the deal?
I would like to buy one of these to primarily use on a 22LR, but I also have a host of other calibers that can use it. Obviously, if I have a 150-200 moa preset that is not going to work on most center-fire cartridges.

The Bravo Charlie Tarac (MACRO) seen below is adjustable, but it takes some time. We have two, one set at 125 moa to take over where our scope elevation runs out. Then one set at 250 to take over where the first runs out. So we can get to 375 moa up with these. The reason they ask for the setting on the order form is to send it preset to your needs.

Adjustment of this unit is done by loosening 3 lock screws, setting the spring loaded mirror carrier angle with a adjustment set screw, and retightening the lock screws. It is very tedious work, but can be done. I set one of ours using the Vudoo V22 at 50 yards on a tall target test. A very slight movement while retightening set screws can change it 10 moa.

We use these same units on our ELR 22's and the 375 ELR as well.

TACOMHQ also makes an adjustable unit called Mark 8 Turret Charlie that will have presets that you dial through. Not sure if they have released it yet.

TACOMHQ Charlie's

CameraZOOM-20180428165135126_zpsc9adqjcg.jpg

Last edited:

dyecocker1

Reaction score
Ok, sounds good, I could deal with that. Even if it were off a few MOA as long as I know where I start I can adjust from there. I am not a competition shooter or anything.

I did also see the Mark 8, unfortunately its a rail mount only. Most of my rifles are not flat tops:(

NEMTHunter

Reaction score
Yea I wanted the Micro charlie. But its rail mount only.

The macro is the best option. Its high priced. The up side to this system is you can run it on any gun that has a scope. The MOA bases like Ivey and cold shot and some others is they are limited to the Gun they are mounted on. This system you can move it from Gun to gun with out changing point of aim or having to re-zero the scope. So in the long run its the cheaper option.

Last edited:

Broz

Reaction score
I am going to have to add a rail to my 375 in front for a delta. Shooting 6K with a 500 moa Charlie I had to hold off for wind to see the target as the barrel blocked my view. Not the best method. The McMillan beast has room to add threaded inserts for a bridge with a rail over the barrel. This is my plan.

Jeff

dyecocker1

Reaction score
I am not ready to buy anyways. I fell the day after Christmas and tore up my rotator cuff pretty badly so this shooting season I am just a keyboard warrior anyways. Just getting comfortable enough to sit at the desk and type. Maybe in the next year they will come up with something that is click adjustable in 30 or 50 MOA increments that is scope mounted:p

Broz

Reaction score
I am not ready to buy anyways. I fell the day after Christmas and tore up my rotator cuff pretty badly so this shooting season I am just a keyboard warrior anyways. Just getting comfortable enough to sit at the desk and type. Maybe in the next year they will come up with something that is click adjustable in 30 or 50 MOA increments that is scope mounted:p

Not to derail here, but in November (getting a bull out) I tore my right rotator cuff badly. 6 weeks ago it was a little better, but still one tender sob. I went in and had Prolotherapy injections done. I had then done in both shoulders at the same time since I had injured my left one a few years ago. Total exam and treatment about $100. I must say it worked for me. Today it is 80% healed or better. I am going in for 1 more treatment Tuesday. Might be worth looking into, it caused inflammation in the are and speeds healing. The best part is it heals, not just a temporary fix.

Jeff

Broz

Reaction score
. Maybe in the next year they will come up with something that is click adjustable in 30 or 50 MOA increments that is scope mounted:p

I think the click adjustments should be close to the amount of usable elevation in your scope. For example, mt ATACR has 125 moa up from zero. I set the first charlie at 125. I can dial the scope to 125, then go back to zero and add the Charlie. Now, I can dial up from the Charlies 125 to 250 with the scope. Then my second Charlie is at 250 and dialing up from there I can get 375.

Jeff

dyecocker1

Reaction score
When I fell I completely tore 2 of the tendons, so there was no recovering. I was in surgery 4 days after they finally figured out what was wrong. lol Making a good recovery so far.

I agree with larger steps for scopes that can handle it. Keep in mind there are not many with 125 total let alone up from zero. I have a small pile of NXS models that only have 65 to begin with, so 50 at a crack would be great for me.

Broz

Reaction score
When I fell I completely tore 2 of the tendons, so there was no recovering. I was in surgery 4 days after they finally figured out what was wrong. lol Making a good recovery so far.

I agree with larger steps for scopes that can handle it. Keep in mind there are not many with 125 total let alone up from zero. I have a small pile of NXS models that only have 65 to begin with, so 50 at a crack would be great for me.

When I tore mine, two people next to me actually heard it rip. The pain was pretty darn excruciating. I feel for ya.

I would be for selling some of those 8~32's for some 5.5~22's or an ATACR with 130. That and a 60 moa rail would get you 50 moa more right off the bat. JMO

Jeff

dyecocker1

Reaction score
Not interested in swapping glass, the NXS is way more than I really need already but I refuse to buy Vortex. I have them all set up with
Barrett 15/40 Xrings and BORS units I like the convenience of doing all my homework before shooting starts. If I could get something like this that adds another bit of MOA when needed Id feel like I had the world by the ass. Maybe someday when I reinvest into a big bore ELR cartridge Ill buy an ATACR or similar.

Papa Charlie

Reaction score
Checking the CT website, they show a scope mount unit and a rail mount. How does a rail mount unit add to a scopes value?

Papa Charlie

Reaction score
No matter where it mounts the image is deflected in moa up into the optic. like a para scope.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, Only seen the scope mount units. Was having a hard time seeing how they align the scope and CT.

dyecocker1

Reaction score
Yea. The rail mount just acts like a clip on. Either way it's just floating in front of your glass

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

flyer

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Micro?

I think I will only try to stretch out to 1 mile or 2,000 yards at most so I think a fixed angle should do it but so far I haven't found any first hand experience with the Micro.

dyecocker1

Reaction score
You want to shoot a mile or so with what caliber? It may be cheaper to use a tilted base and/or a set of Barrett 15/40 Xrings

jmgardner

Reaction score
agreed. even with a little 6br, a 20 moa base and using burris xtr signature rings that have the adjustable cant inserts in them, I can reach to a mile with most any typical long range scope. a mile plus can be reached for a lot cheaper than buying one of these things.

flyer

Reaction score
Right now I'm shooting 6.5 Creedmoor with a 20 MOA base but I think I have a wild hare to try ELR with a BDX scope and the Micro might allow me to just clip on and change the gun profile to do ELR with my Kestrel providing the firing solution.

A better scope is probably a good idea but I figure a Micro with a well chosen offset value could still be used with any optic I pick up later.

NEMTHunter

Reaction score
Just a small note. The micro is rail mounted. It does not mount to the scope.

flyer

Reaction score
Yep, the chassis I want to use it with has an NV bridge that to me seems just about perfect for a Micro.

dyecocker1

Reaction score
What BDX model do you have? I have several friends with 6.5 creed rifles, we are 1000 ft ASL. They need real heavy bullets to get close to a mile. In my opinion that is about the max range of that rifle. My 6.5 lapua with 123 grain pills tops out at around 1400

flyer

Reaction score
I should be getting a 4.5-14x50 tonight or tomorrow depending on USPS.

The Creedmoor I have has a 28" barrel and I'm hoping to find an accurate load with 147 grain ELD-M bullets but eventually I'm going to build something in a long action with probably a 7mm chambering like .284 Winchester or 7x64 maybe. I might even go for a 30-32" barrel.

I'm looking forward and the Micro might work for both when I actually find a place to shoot more than 1,000 yards.

The BDX will not be the only scope I would use with it unless it works perfectly.

dyecocker1

Reaction score
If you can use it in more than one spot its a lot more viable. Its weird, I cant even find the total elevation adjustment anywhere on the SIG website or the google. Mad props if you can make his at a mile with 14x and that thick reticle.

If your looking into a 7mm variant consider the 7STW, or the 7-300 for all out performance.

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors