Brownells stocks CA barreled actions now

outdoorguy17

Reaction score
To all that might be considering a partial build. Brownells now carries CA barreled actions. They are on sale and with NOV95 discount code you get an additional $95 off with free shipping.

They have 308, 6.5 prc, 300 prc, 300 win, Ridgeline and Mesa style barrel contours.

AXEFORCE6

Reaction score
I ordered one in 308. I only seen the 30 off for over 250 tho. Oh well. Still a great deal.

AnotherCasual

Reaction score
Let us know what the barreled action weighs. That is a significant discount over what their rifles run. Custom action, carbon barrel chambered and fitted under $1,000, very tempting.

AXEFORCE6

Reaction score
I agree. I was going to build another using a custom action but after I found these it was a no brainer. It’s the target contour 22” barrel. What confuses me is the ridgelines are sporter contour and only available in 20 or 24. The MPR is target contour but isn’t offered in 22” either. As a matter of fact. None of their rifles I found were offered in a 22” 308 configuration. Oh well. I’m tickled pink about it. Have all the parts at home to throw this ol girl together too.

Gord0

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I posted this earlier when I received their email notification but now I see they dropped the price, along with the $95 code. I've been wanting a shorter lightweight rifle. Just picked up the 20" 6.5 creed for under 1k. Might need to sell some stuff now 🤣

J2shooter

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I posted this earlier when I received their email notification but now I see they dropped the price, along with the $95 code. I've been wanting a shorter lightweight rifle. Just picked up the 20" 6.5 creed for under 1k. Might need to sell some stuff now 🤣
You can't beat that! Dang good price

AXEFORCE6

Reaction score
Just makes you wonder why they are all marked down in price, yet all out of stock. CA got something new in the works……???
I feel they are replacing the ridgeline with the FFT models.

Spreedizzle

Reaction score
I feel they are replacing the ridgeline with the FFT models.
Possible. I didn’t know that the actions were different…..or the same. The obvious difference is a shorter barrel for a specific cartridge on the FFT vs Ridgeline.

AXEFORCE6

Reaction score
I hope they get more. May be a one time thing though.

Last edited:

Rjk300

Reaction score
I just ordered a CA Ridgeline barreled action in 300WM it said in stock when I ordered. Shipped to my ffl for under 1000$ no brainer! I have a Stocky’s VG2 carbon ultra light stock, 3.85 mag box and Ti slayer brake on hand. The rest I’ll be buying over the next few months. It feels good knowing I’ll have a 300WM back in the arsenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoorguy17

Reaction score
I just ordered a CA Ridgeline barreled action in 300WM it said in stock when I ordered. Shipped to my ffl for under 1000$ no brainer! I have a Stocky’s VG2 carbon ultra light stock, 3.85 mag box and Ti slayer brake on hand. The rest I’ll be buying over the next few months. It feels good knowing I’ll have a 300WM back in the arsenal!

I sold my CA mesa in 300 win mag to build a 300 PRC a couple years ago. i dont regret it but the need for a 300 win mag came along again and i ordered it. no brainer is right!

Rjk300

Reaction score
I received an email from Brownells stating my order which was a CA Ridgeline 300 WM barreled action was canceled. Unfortunately the inventory we received cannot be used or sold so it’s not available.

Gord0

Reaction score
I received an email from Brownells stating my order which was a CA Ridgeline 300 WM barreled action was canceled. Unfortunately the inventory we received cannot be used or sold so it’s not available.

Wonder if they oversold their inventory?

Rjk300

Reaction score
I don’t know but why state it can’t be used or sold instead of saying it was sold out. I’ll just reallocate those funds to a suppressor.

J2shooter

Reaction score
View attachment 13394View attachment 13395

My 308 came together nicely. Trying to decide on a scope still. Bare rifle was 5.3 pounds.
I just acquired an ATACR and am thinking about shifting things around and putting up the V6 3-18 for sale. PM me if you have any Interest in that one. I haven't posted it yet because I'm still thinking on it.

Like the look of that rifle though. Looks super handy.

AXEFORCE6

Reaction score
Those are two I’ve been considering.

Gord0

Reaction score
Those are two I’ve been considering.
I picked up a v4 4-16 x 50 illuminated ZMOAi-1 for my Ridgeline barreled action build. I was going for lightweight semi inexpensive, and thought that fit the bill.

Okie man

Reaction score
I picked up a v4 4-16 x 50 illuminated ZMOAi-1 for my Ridgeline barreled action build. I was going for lightweight semi inexpensive, and thought that fit the bill.
Im looking at the same scope. My razor lht isn’t all that . Anything you don’t like about the Zeiss?

Gord0

Reaction score
Im looking at the same scope. My razor lht isn’t all that . Anything you don’t like about the Zeiss?
It should hopefully be here tomorrow. The best scope I have to compare it to is my NXS 5.5-22

Gord0

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot about this post. I haven't had my NHX and V4 out side by side yet, but hopefully this weekend weather permitting.

Okie man

Reaction score
Curious - what don't you like about your LHT? I'm debating between the LHT and the Zeiss (along with NF.)
The magnification ring is hard to adjust and the reticule isn’t very good in low light. 20 years ago I probably would of been ok with it. Glass is ok. It dials fine. I dont think I could use the reticule for hold in low light like something a bit bolder.

MontanaMuley

Reaction score
The magnification ring is hard to adjust and the reticule isn’t very good in low light. 20 years ago I probably would of been ok with it. Glass is ok. It dials fine. I dont think I could use the reticule for hold in low light like something a bit bolder.
Thanks for the reply. What scope do you prefer in that price range?

Gord0

Reaction score
Just optically, the Zeiss v4 looks very close to my NHX at the same magnification. I'd have to really do a detailed test at daylight and dusk to see a difference. Is it built as solid as the NHX, no, but for it's price point it's a great scope. Especially if you want something lightweight.

Forum Sponsors